WHAT A WEEK!
Gosh you guys! I feel like a bit of a hamster on a wheel, but in a good way. I am glad the big kids are on holiday, their afternoon schedules really do eat into my productivity, so I am hoping to get my head above water over the next two weeks. Cameron is away for a week on a swimming camp so we get a week off swimming training as well.
- It was the Bloem leg of the Nickelodeon Genius this week, so I was away from home for two full days. The more I am involved with this show the more I love the concept. The kids who took part in Bloem were amazing, they all really really wanted to be there and they fought so hard. The two teams who made it through were actually not the ones anyone would have guessed. I also got to see Saturn and it’s rings through a HUGE telescope which was AMAZING!
- Cameron’s school have had a really busy week. The Grade 8’s were the only one’s at school with the others on camp and writing exams. Part of what his grade did was learn things like how to change a tyre, wire a plug, braai, did a first aid course and they baked some cupcakes which they delivered to an old age home. I really like this idea, they are learning some life skills but also having some fun.
- The kids break up today (well the big two) which means we are 2 weeks away from the LAST TERM OF THE YEAR!!!!! Can you cope with that? The year is almost done?
- I attended the Pregnancy Sense book launch last Saturday and managed to read the book while I was in Bloem. It is a really really stunning book! If you are on my mailing list I shared a little bit of the book that really hit home with me but I will share more in 2 weeks when I do the review and giveaway but I think every person who is planning to fall pregnant, or is pregnant or has a newborn needs to read this book!!! It is a real account of what pregnancy and those first 6 weeks are like.
- As you know I am a part of the #CarseatFullstop campaign! We have some really stunning bumper stickers available if you want to help us spread the word so let me know if you would like some!!
Tell me what has been happening with you?
If you enjoyed this post please share with your friends! You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Snapchat (harassedmom) and don’t forget to subscribe to my weekly newsletter.