Here we are in October. There is no point asking where the time has gone or commenting how time flies. We know this and we know if we don’t keep up we will get left behind – whether we like it or not.
Who else wonders really random stuff sometimes? I can’t be the only one. These are some of the really random things swimming around in my head.
- My husband will be sitting in the lounge with all 5 kids. One (or all) of these kids will walk up the stairs into my bedroom to knock on the bathroom door and ask me if they can have an apple/sign their homework/or something equally random. WHY? My husband, their father, is more than capable of doing everything I am.
- Don’t people get embarrassed when they park in the family parking and have no family? Or the disabled parking? I have often been tempted but I would die of shame if someone had to find out I had no kids with me but more importantly I would feel insanely guilty. EVEN if I was just running in to the shops.
- Why do you get hungry when you are working in an office. I can go without eating until lunch time at home. When I started 2 weeks ago working from the office, I would arrive and be starving within minutes! I don’t get it.
- Where do all the brushes go in my house? We must have collectively 10/12 but I can never find one.
- How come my family aren’t able to find things, they ask me if I know where it is and there it is, right there in full view for the world to see?
- My kids fall asleep like angels when they are alone with David, with me they are like creatures out of Game of Thrones – WHY?
- Why do you always have one rand less than the parking ticket? Or is this just me?
- I can’t watch a rugby game without wondering how those guys mothers must feel watching their son’s being pushed, pulled, stood on and more. It is the sole reason my boys will never play rugby.
- Why does someone else’s cooking always taste nicer, even if they cook the exact same thing you can.
- Finally, this is the million dollar question – how do I make biryani. I have been trying for years without success. (Angie if you are still reading you will know this is a life long dream of mine).
What questions do you randomly wonder?
If you enjoyed this post please share with your friends! You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Snapchat (harassedmom) and don’t forget to subscribe to my weekly newsletter.