Today has been a rather glorious day I got to recharge.
The last few weeks have been go go go go go – there is always something that needs to be done during the day, cricket matches, galas, exams etc etc – today I had NOTHING to do and the kids have no extra muruals on a Thursday but do have early morning swimming. It was a calm day.
Back to the point of Thursday Things
- I managed to break the 10km mark on the bike today. I cycle 20 minutes every day and have been aiming for 10km – the closest I have gotten is 9.91 but today I did 10.33km YAY ME!!
- I finally got around to sorting my tax out and was so surprised when my tax lady sent my letter with a refund on it – a fairly decent recent actually! I am so stoked – it means Christmas gifts are sorted!!
- I went to Sorbet for an underarm wax today (very relaxing…NOT) and booked a pedi special they are running – you get the pedi and a free facial!!
- Tomorrow David and I are going to a Spa for the afternoon – I am SUPER excited.
- We also leave for Sun City (well Rustenburg) tomorrow for the boys to compete in triathalons on Sat and Sun. It will be their longest triathalon so far. I am excited to be getting away for a bit.
- OOOHH on my washing machine drama – it gets collected, gets fixed and gets delivered this afternoon – I put a load in and within minutes my laundry is flooded :-/ Phone the technician and he starts arguing with me – he is adamant it isn’t leaking – not sure where he thought all the water came from? They are collecting it tomorrow! AWESOME!
- Yesterday Jack hit out the draining pipe of the dishwasher (it was exposed cos the washing machine was gone) which resulted in water everywhere which then meant the lights tripped!
- Today the big kids were running (otherwise called doing nothing) and Kiara landed on my lounge curtains breaking the rod thing!
- Our pool is STILL green – we have changed the filter sand, bought a new Kreepy, tried Blu52, taken water to be tested – it remains green
- Cameron has two marks back so far – Maths 88% (I think he got Davids gene for this transferred via osmosis) and Social Science 90% – I am super proud of him.
- We collected Kiara’s glasses and she says it’s a lot easier to read with and we are doing daily exercises. We see the Visual Therapist next week (Thanks Rina).
- Jack is getting super cute now. He talks non-stop and has a pretty decent vocab going. He understands when we speak to him now but also chooses to ignore us :-/
That’s me all caught up and things today
How has your Thursday been?