“Your favourite baking recipe”
I prefer baking much more than cooking so it was hard to choose just one.
I eventually decided on banana bread. I looooove banana bread and it always makes the house smell so yuuummmmy. It is also one of the things David and I started talking about on twitter after we had met. It is also one of his favourite things.
125g butter or margarine
2ml vanilla essence
250ml mashed bananas
240g cake flour
10ml baking powder
2ml bicarbonate of soda
Preheat oven to 180 ºC. Grease a 250 mm loaf tin and line base with greaseproof paper.
1. Cream butter, then add sugar, beating until pale and fluffy.
2. Add eggs, beating well after each addition.
3. Stir in vanilla essence. Mix bananas into creamed mixture.
4. Sift in flour, salt and baking powder. Blend bicarbonate of soda with a little milk and add. Gradually add remaining milk and beat well.
5. Pour into tin, and bake for about 1 hour. Cool in tin for 10 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
Makes 1 loaf
What’s your favourite thing to bake?
PS – my new LG washing machine arrives tomorrow.