So going from no brown suitcases for the wedding to 6 just like that – turns out my mom had two she is giving me. So another thing crossed off and I found gum boots yesterday -thanks to a mom from Moms and Tots. So I am rocking this wedding planning thing at the moment!!
When the kids saw the boots they weren’t fussed much until I said I am wearing them for the wedding. Kiara actually laughed until she couldn’t breath any more. She had tears streaming down her face! Cameron was horrified “WHAT? You are supposed to wear high heels???”.
I own 2 pairs of high heels and I am not even sure they can be classed as high and I only wear them to weddings so really I am not about to tempt fate and walk down the isle in heels! Gum boots it IS! My kids will just need to deal with :-p
Do you find gumboots hysterically funny? Or not proper like my son?
I am pmsing and very tense so decided to focus on the positive rather than have a moan so here are a few things making me happy….
- My new washing machine. I will admit I do miss the size of the other one but I love this one just as much. And it is nice to have one that works
- Gluten-free sweet potato loaf I found at The Bread Basket today! It is so good I am actually not sure it really is gluten-free but my dietician recommended it and I did ask before I bought it
- End of term slow wind down. Last Friday was the last Friday gala, we have the big one on Wednesday next week and, school cricket matches ended last night. One more club match on Saturday and then that’s done.
- All the wedding stuff all over the house. There are bird cages on books, bottles, suitcases, lace, goodies for the kids party packs – LOVE IT!
- My blue pool. Yes it is STILL blue
- Tabard candles – they seem to be keeping the flies away!
- ANTRAPS – I have tried for years to keep the ants at bay in this house, my mom suggested those green ant traps and they are brilliant!!!!! LOVE THEM!
- Planning a little ladies tea – I need a small time out and looking forward to spending time with these ladies
What is making you happy at the moment?