Marcia wrote a post recently where she mentioned the word of the year (I can’t remember which post so just go read all of them if you don’t follow her already :)) and realised I hadn’t given any thought to my word for 2016.
My word of the year for 2015 was Nourish and while I seldom focus on the word during the year, I am aware of it and there was a lot of nourishing in 2015.
- I went on my yoga retreat (which I am hoping to go on again in 2016).
- David and I had a weekend away in Cape Town.
- I am getting my nails done regularly (mainly my feet, nail polish never lasts long on my hands)
- Ansie and I went away for Women’s Day.
- I had my hair coloured and cut three times this year (sounds like an odd thing to add but its the first thing I let slip).
- I lost weight and am happy in my own skin for the first time in my whole life.
- I posted 3 good things every day! (well mostly every day I think I missed about 5 days). It has been a challenge to do, especially on the days when life was hard and felt incredible unfair but I did it and it really has made a difference.
There was also smaller things that happened through the year that nourished not only me but also my family.
After reading Marcia’s post I started subconsciously thinking of a word for 2016. While driving somewhere the word serenity popped into my head. I did have a good giggle at myself because honestly where will I find calm and peace in my crazy life but then I read this post of Sheena’s about she has found peace in her year, that was actually not particularly calm, this reaffirmed that serenity is my 2016 word!
Have you thought about your word yet?