So March is almost over, I really didn’t plan for this year run at the speed it has been. I have been trying my best to slow things down but the more I try, the more that seems to need to get done. I really do feel like a hamster on a wheel at the moment. Anyway let’s get back on track, a couple of weeks ago I was sent a range of face products by Celltone to try out.
If you have been reading my beauty posts you will know I struggled with oily skin last year, the Ponds vanishing cream really helped with it and I got it under control. I stopped my usual face products to try these and a week later my skin started getting so oily again. I thought perhaps it was the weather or something else but unfortunately it was not. I stopped using the Celltone range and went back to my normal range and within a week the oiliness was under control.
Celltone is a skin care company based in Australia that uses snail extract in many of it’s products and one of their aims with their products is to moisturize and hydrate your skin. The range of products I tried out were all paraben and perfume free and Vitamin is in nearly all of the products.
I was a little disappointed because I was enjoying using the product and I liked the fact that the pamper pack that I was sent had the entire range of products in, including an exfoliator and face mask.
The set of Celltone face products I received contained the following products.
- Facial Wash. This was a pretty normal face wash, not too foamy but did leave my skin feeling nice and you dn’t need to use a lot of it.
- Exfoliating scrub. I love an exfoliator, I have one for Cameron as well, I think they are great ways to clean your skin. This one smells amazing and uses fine bamboo granules, so you it doesn’t actually feel like there is much exfoliating happening.
- Cleanser. Compared to the cleanser I usually use I think this one was a little better, the texture of the cream was nicer for me.
- Toner. I love toners the most, they always leave my skin feeling clean which this one did as well.
- Mask. I may be old school but I like a mask that hardens on my skin or where I at least feel like something is happening. This one almost just gets absorbed by your skin and feels like I am just leaving the face wash on but it is the second brand whose face mask I have tried that is like this.
- Moisturiser. I think this may be the cause of the oiliness I have been experiencing, it is a little oily and the rest of the products actually don’t leave my skin feeling oily at all.
I have sensitive skin and have over the years struggled with so many products that others really swear by. Just because I struggled a bit with the oiliness of this range, doesn’t mean I wouldn’t suggest you try it out. Price wise they are pretty competitive and cheaper than some of the other brands I have tried out.
I was also sent their sunscreen for kids, their tissue oil and snail extract gel. I am still trying these 3 products out though but will definitely give feedback soon, we are trying the tissue oil on Cameron’s acne scars so I am keen to see if it helps.
If you enjoyed this post please share with your friends! You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Snapchat (harassedmom) and don’t forget to subscribe to my weekly newsletter.