I am not sure how it started but I have raised 4.5 kids on rooibos tea. The reason I am not sure where it started is because I am not a huge fan of rooibos tea. I love herbal teas and normal tea but I just can’t drink it. My children, however, drink litres of it every day.
Cameron and Kiara both make iced tea regularly. I received this recipe in a press release about rooibos helping with concentration during exams and thought it would a great one to share, ideal for the warmer weather now.
- 8 rooibos tea bags or flavoured rooibos of your choice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 whole cloves
- 6 thin slices ginger
- 4 cups (1 litre) boiling water
- 4 cups (1 litre) 100% berry juice, chilled
- Lemon juice to taste
- Place tea bags, spices and ginger in a large glass jug and pour over boiling water. Stir well and allow to cool for about two hours. Remove tea bags, ginger and spices. Add berry juice to the tea and season with lemon juice to taste. Enjoy cold with ice and mint leaves, fruit and lemon.
- By pouring some Rooibos iced tea into popsicle containers or ice-cube trays and freezing it, you can also enjoy it as a refreshing treat when you get the munchies while you’re studying.
What is your favourite iced tea?
If you enjoyed this post please share with your friends! You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Snapchat (harassedmom) and don’t forget to subscribe to my weekly newsletter.