Yes I am sharing another curry! This one was so yummy though, I just had to share it. I have been making our own stock and tomato sauce. There is something so satisfying about making your own stuff like this isn’t there? The other day I made a chicken dish entirely from my own stock and tomato sauce – it was so delicious and completely processed food free.
I haven’t bought a tin of tomatoes in two months and I am hoping I can keep this up. Ultimately I want to convince my kids to eat home made mayonnaise as well. I am considering trying to make our own chutney at some point but it looks a little labour intensive and I am ultimately a little lazy. Stock and tomato sauce can just go in the slow cooker for days even.
I am also really enjoying my meat free meals. I only have meat at dinner now and often Saturday dinners are meat free for David and I. I am not sure I am ready to go vegetarian but I am enjoying playing around with veggie meals.
- 1 onion, sliced
- Coconut Oil or Olive Oil
- 2tsp curry powder
- 1tsp garam masala
- 1 tin chickpeas
- 1 head of cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes (I used my home made tomato sauce)
- Water if needed
- 1. Fry the chopped onions in the oil for a few minutes.
- 2. Add the spices and fry until the onions are soft.
- 3. Add the chickpeas and cauliflower florets and fry until they are coated in the spices.
- 4. Add the tomato sauce and bring to the boil, simmer until the cauliflower is soft.
If you have some tried and tested meat free meals, please share with me.
If you enjoyed this post please share with your friends! You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Snapchat (harassedmom) and don’t forget to subscribe to my weekly newsletter.