Who else is always looking for quick, no cook stuff to make on the weekends? I hate cooking over the weekends and try to make one big meal in the hopes that it will full my constantly starving off spring. It seldom works out like that though and I think they all have bottomless pits where normal people have stomachs.
I am now trying making things like crumpets, pancakes and muffins. These are a little easier to bake and Cameron and Kiara can also help out. Cameron loves pumpkin fritters and the other kids don’t mind them so that is a nice way to get veggies into them.
This recipe appeals to me on many levels, it is super easy to make and uses stuff you generally have in your house and it sounds pretty good.
- 4 Slices Sasko Low GI Seeded Brown Bread
- 150g Courgettes (grated)
- 10g Fresh Mint (Chopped)
- ½ tsp Paprika
- 2 Extra-large Eggs
- Salt and Pepper
- Tsatsiki and/or Chutney
- A Side Salad
- Place the Sasko bread slices into a mixing bowl and pour over 750ml of warm water. Allow to sit and absorb for 10 minutes before squeezing out the excess water.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Place a non-stick frying pan on medium heat and drizzle in 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Once hot, spoon in dollops of the mixture and shape into circles. Fry for approximately 6 minutes, turning once, or until golden brown on both sides.
- Continue to fry in batches until the mixture is finished.
- Serve warm with tsatsiki and/or chutney and a simple side salad.
How do you feed the starving masses over the weekends?
If you enjoyed this post please share with your friends! You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Snapchat (harassedmom) and don’t forget to subscribe to my weekly newsletter.