I know many people frown at the idea of cauliflower being used for things like pizza bases and other such things. I enjoy cauliflower and I also enjoy making different things with the food we eat. It is often a break from the monotony of eating the same things in the same way.
We have tried a few things with cauliflower, some were great, some not so much. I made a loaded cauliflower a few nights ago and I loved it. It is a great way to use up left overs! I have mentioned the reduced price fresh produce at Checkers and recently I bought a few cauliflowers for next to nothing. I decided to try out these cauliflower bread buns and they came out so well. Even David was impressed.
NO they do not taste like bread rolls but I had mine with some cheese on and it was delicious a lot less calorie intensive than a bread roll. I am going to make them again and add more herbs and maybe even something chilli.
- 3 cups finely riced raw cauliflower florets
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp fresh rosemary
- 1tsp himalayan salt
- 1. Place all the ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- 2. Shape into whatever shape works for you. I had an oval cookie cutter that I used to shape mine.
- 3. Bake at 180 for about 20-30 minutes.
- I left mine in the oven once they were cooked and it dried them out a little bit and made them nice and crunchy.
Do you try stuff like this or stick to the more traditional way of cookie veggies?
If you enjoyed this post please share with your friends! You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Snapchat (harassedmom) and don’t forget to subscribe to my weekly newsletter.