I know we are all in holiday mode but I also know that many of us are in the middle of buying stationery packs, getting our little ones ready for the new school year. Jack is going to Grade 1 next year, so it’s a big year for us. It also means I need to figure out what to pack in lunch boxes (again). I would pay good money for our schools to have cafeterias or at the very least tuck shops that don’t only sell junk food.
These granola bars sound like they may work as lunch box fillers. I think Kiara may even like them. I may even get Cameron to eat them, I may have to dip them in mountains of chocolate.
- 500 g SASKO cookie bake mix
- 140 g butter
- 1 large egg
- 50 g honey
- 150 g oats
- 100 g white chocolate, chopped
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 120 g coconut flakes
- 150 g cranberries
- 60 g desiccated coconut
- 85 g pumpkin seeds
- 50 g ground almonds
- 50 g sunflower seeds
- 1. Mix cookie mix as per the recipe.
- 2. Melt the honey and mix into cookie mixture.
- 3. Add all the dry ingredients and work the mixture to create a crumby texture.
- 4. Line a baking tray with baking paper and pour the mixture onto the tray and spread evenly.
- 5. Bake at 150°C for 15-20 min or until cookie crumb is golden.
- 6. Allow to cool and break into crumb.
Have you made granola bars before? Did your kids like them? (Please say yes!)
Disclaimer: This is NOT a sponsored post!
If you enjoyed this post please share with your friends! You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Snapchat (harassedmom) and don’t forget to subscribe to my weekly newsletter.