I am absolutely loving experimenting with new recipes and foods at the moment. I even seem to have the kids on board and they are eating more things they are not. Kiara and David do feel I went too far with the coconut sugar though. Kiara asked me if we are rich now that we have coconut sugar and David makes fun of me every time he sees it. I will admit it was super expensive, I only bought it because I had a Woolies voucher but it is actually yummy and I feel slightly less guilty when I add it to my coffee.
One of the things that has gone down a real treat is date balls. I didn’t think we would all love them as much as we did because none of us are real date fans, but you don’t taste them at all. I googled recipes for ages and couldn’t find one that used the ingredients I had at home so I decided to just wing it and throw a few things into the blender!
I didn’t really measure some of the ingredients, so if you are going to make this recipe, adjust it to your needs.
- 1 packet (1 cup) of chopped dates. (For the first batch I used the Woolies chopped dates and the second one, I used the Dischem ones)
- 2 TBSP coconut flour
- 1 TBSP cocoa
- 1 TBSP coconut oil
- 1. Place the dates into your blender and blitz for a few seconds.
- 2. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend for a minute or two. It will almost look like bread crumbs.
- 3. Roll into balls and then coat with desiccated coconut.
- 4. Place in the fridge. (They taste so much better chilled.)
Have you tried making these before?
If you enjoyed this post please share with your friends! You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Snapchat (harassedmom) and don’t forget to subscribe to my weekly newsletter.