Jack and Emma’s Pre-Primary school gave them breakfast each morning which meant I didn’t have to feed them before they left. With Jack starting grade 1 now I must make sure he eats before we take him to school. Fortunately, he is pretty much constantly hungry from the moment he wakes up, so it shouldn’t be too difficult……I hope.
Something that will make lunches even easier for me is the return of this smiling character…
Have you seen SASKO Sam back in the shops with his YUMMY loaf in both brown and white bread? The friendly little character that kids (and moms) love is back, just in time for back to school. SASKO Sam is back with the tastiest, softest bread you will find!!!
With SASKO Sam’s return, I have some ideas for breakfasts for kids and mom and dad that will hopefully start everyone’s day off right.
- French toast. This is a big winner in our house, everyone is happy to have French toast and we have discovered you can fry it in a little coconut oil which makes it a little healthier and tastes super yummy – coincidentally, like the SASKO Sam Yummy loaf. Cameron often makes this for breakfast.
- Cheese bread. I think Jack would eat these all day every day if he could. It is basically cheese melted onto bread. He doesn’t even need the bread toasted, the cheese must just be melted.
- Egg mayo sandwich. My kids won’t let me send this to school with them, but it is a nice alternative to scrambled egg and toast. (It is also nice for them to eat in the car if you are running late)
- Peanut butter bread cut into shapes. This is a great way to get fussy eaters to eat. Get them to pick out some cookie cutter shapes and cut the bread out for them (NOTE: cut the shapes BEFORE you put the peanut butter on). This is Emma’s favorite thing to eat.
- Avo and tomato on toast. This one is more for the adults in our house, my kids aren’t avo fans but if your kids do eat then it is an option for them as well.
My advice for moms starting Grade 1 for the first time this year or even Grade R in a Primary school is to PLAN PLAN PLAN. The mornings take on a new meaning once you have a child who needs lunch, extra-mural clothes, homework etc packed. Plan your breakfasts to make it easier for you!
Have you tried the new SASKO Sam Yummy loaf, and what are some of the breakfast your kids enjoy?
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post.
If you enjoyed this post please share with your friends! You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Snapchat (harassedmom) and don’t forget to subscribe to my weekly newsletter.