- Tell me a little bit about yourself. How many kids? Married? Working mom/SAHM.
I’m married to my highschool sweetheart. We met when we were 14 and 15 respectively. Married for 12 years this year and parents to an 8yr old, 5yr old and almost 2yr old. I am a working mom. I work as an accountant at a University.
- How long have you been reading HarassedMom?
I actually went to check when I subscribed, and it appears to be around 7 or 8 months.
- What is your favourite part of being a mom?
Goodness…the sleepless nights definitely are the highlight for me! Lol. Jokes aside, I love that they love me, no matter what. They love and forgive unconditionally (though the 8yr old does seem to hold on to a grudge). I wish as adults we could be that way as well. And their hugs…kids hugs are the best <3
- Tell me a funny parenting story?
This may be more sad than funny. We have been dealing with a toddler that does not sleep through the night for about a year now. One night a few weeks ago, my mom kindly offered to let him sleep by her so we could get a full night’s sleep. We had just drifted off when the older kids barged in (though 5yr old really was just dragged along by 8yr old) and my eldest said she had a nightmare. I rolled my eyes so far back in my head asking what exactly she wanted me to do. I mean…she’s in Gr. 3, she knows there are no monsters under her bed by now? She walked off with her brother and I plonked my head back down onto the pillow…when in they walk again, pillows under their arms. They decided they wanted to sleep in our bed for the night. I literally could not believe it….they never wake up and the 1 night we are rid of the toddler….they decide to pick up where he left off. I slept like a pretzel that night, but you know what….in a few years, I will miss that they need us when they have a nightmare 😉
- What is your favourite series – the one you can binge watch from your bed all weekend long? I know you have one :-p I won’t judge even if it is the kardashians J
The Real Housewives of Orange County/Beverley Hills/New Jersey and…The Kardashians. Lol.
- Share your go to meal, the one you make when you are home late, the kids are starving and need to eat immediately!
Chicken spiced with paprika and herbs, into a cast iron pot. Browned. Remove from the pan (does not need to be fully cooked). Grate 2 or 3 baby marrows into that same pot, add some uncooked rice, water and a chicken stock block and simmer. Once that is going for a while, plonk the chicken on top of the rice and finish it in the oven. My kids love it!
- What is your dream holiday destination?
Anywhere that doesn’t involve my kids. (sorry kids) Mom and dad need a break. Lol. Even if it’s just at the neighbours house.
- We all have a bucket list. What is the one thing on your bucket list you MUST do?
I actually don’t have a bucket list.
- If you have a child/ren – what is the biggest lesson they have taught you?
That we do get second chances, and thirds and fourths…..
- Chef? Clean house? Or Driver? Which one would you want if you could have just one?
Clean house. My mom lives with us, so she’s already the resident chef 😉
- And to end off your favourite quote J
When you know better, you do better – Maya Angelou.
You can find Simone here
Are you a reader who wants to share a bit more? Let me know 🙂
If you enjoyed this post please share with your friends! You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Snapchat (harassedmom) and don’t forget to subscribe to my weekly newsletter.