I have wanted to do this post for ages now because every time I tell people I use cloth nappies they recoil in horror and ask “HOW do you cope”
So a few things I know about cloth nappies
- I pop them into a dedicated bucket – we don’t smell them or see them.
- The liners make disposing of poop easy – we simply flick it off in the loo.
- We soak them and then throw them in the washing machine – that simple – no washing by hand over a wash board.
- They do not leak. I have had more leaking issues from disposables.
- They are cost effective – our pack cost just over R3000 and should last us until he potty trains – I may just need some more waterproofs – so add maybe R300.
- I don’t have to worry about running out or making sure we have enough – they are always just there.
- They look cute – there is no folding or safety pins.
- I have two issues – the fact that if we go out it’s not that easy to keep a poop nappy in your nappy bag – even in a scented nappy bag – so we use disposables
- The second issue is the velcro on the waterproofs – I would prefer poppers but the velcro works fine.