Some days, most days if I am honest, our house is pretty chaotic but it’s normal, manageable chaos that comes with having 4 kids. Then there are days, like yesterday, where it is manic chaos from the minute their eyes pop open to the minute we
forcefully make them close their eyes. It is pretty awesome watching the dynamic between the siblings, especially because we have a variety of age gaps.
Out of the blue the other day Cameron said “Only children will never get to be an uncle or an aunt, that must suck.” So even though he battles with the chaos, I know he wouldn’t want it any other way.
What do I know for sure about siblings,
- They will hate each other as fiercely as they will love each other.
- It doesn’t matter the age gap, they WILL fight over the same toy.
- They will feel like you love one of the others more.
- They will fight with each other but when one is not around, they will miss them terribly.
- They understand each other in a way no one else will.
- They will defend one another against the world.
- They will always want what the other one has.
- There are some things only a sibling will understand.
- There are few things as special as sitting around the dinner table catching up with a sibling.
- No one will play fair when you play board games, doesn’t matter if it is scrabble or snap.
- When your mom asks, who did it, your sibling will blame you, regardless of whether you did it or not.
What do you know about siblings? Your own or your kids.
If you enjoyed this post please share with your friends! You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Snapchat (harassedmom) and don’t forget to subscribe to my weekly newsletter.