This is a stunning recipe and you can use gluten free flour cup for cup and it comes out just as delicious.
My aunt used to make this when I was growing up and it was such a huge hit! I am not sure where the name German Apple comes from, I suspect it may be the origin?
3 cups Flour
2 cups Sugar
6tsp Baking Powder
1/2 cup Milk
1 tin Apples
2 cups sugar
1. Cream the marg and sugar.
2. Add eggs, beating well.
3. Sift dry ingredients and add to mixture.
4. Divide mixture into 4 pie dishes.
5. Press in pieces of apple.
6. Bake at 180 for 20-30 minutes.
7. Boil all the sauce ingredients together and pour onto the hot baked tart.