I am pleased to report I seem to be finding my way out of my rabbit hole. I can see the light now and have taken this week “off” meetings so I can sit down and focus on what needs to be done and put some proper planning in place to make life easier.
I also seem to have my writing mojo back after two weeks of trying to figure a few things out for myself with regards to HarassedMom.
I am starting the week sharing some of the things I know for sure about life and everything in between. I have written a few posts like this before, seems there is a common thread about writing them on Mondays and parenting being hard!
- It doesn’t matter how much I plan or organise, Emma (and/or Jack) WILL want the pair of pants/shoes/panties that are no where to be found. This will always happen when we are on a tight schedule or my patience is running in negative numbers.
- The internet will stop working as soon as I am on a deadline or I have time to actually work.
- If I buy everyone a new toothbrush (for example), Jack will still want mine. Even if his is better, more expensive that mine.
- Yoga is food for the soul. I am making the effort to get to my class twice a week. I need it.
- Woolworths has the best coffee!
- Joburg traffic is revolting. There is no other way to say – it is REVOLTING!
- I have never really gotten used to having interrupted sleep. I just say that I have to make myself feel better but I am not used to it, not sure I will ever be.
- Parenting does not get easier. In fact I think it gets harder.
Tell me what you know for sure.
If you enjoyed this post please share with your friends! You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Snapchat (harassedmom) and don’t forget to subscribe to my weekly newsletter.