Today is one of those Mondays that feel meh! Life is SO great in so many ways at the moment but there are some pretty heavy negatives just creating the balance and it is causing both David and I huge amounts of stress, like you know the stress that has you both up at 3 in the morning trying to make shit happen? That kind of stress. But you there are a few things I know for sure about life.
- Things ALWAYS get better. It often doesn’t feel like it, but they do, eventually.
- Just when you pack your winter clothes away, Mother Nature will hurl some snow in your direction to remind you who is in charge.
- The milk will run out on a Monday morning
- Learn the lessons! If the same things keep happening, you are not learning the lesson. Stop, listen, pay attention and learn the dam lesson so it can stop happening.
- Taking 3 kids to the movies is loads of fun (for them) but can be logistically chaotic and will result in what I assume is the same as a menopausal hot flush.
- Kids don’t care about how much money you have. They really don’t and if they do, you have raised an asshole.
- You need a best friend. You actually just need one, one really really amazing one who you can tell everything to and cry your ugly cry and they will still love.
- Sometimes, regardless of your religious believes, you have to walk in faith and trust it will be ok.
- Crumpets really do make it all better.
- ALWAYS have your power banked charged. If you don’t have one, get one and keep it charged, always
- Buy a good mascara! (Yes this is me giving beauty advise)
I expected being a grown up to be a WHOLE lot different! My parents made it look so easy – which I know now it wasn’t really. They struggled as much as we are, they just hid it well. But they got through it and so will we.
One of Kiara’s friends asked her where we buy our clothes from because we always look so rich. I recently heard Nataniel say something about going through the worst of times looking fabulous and that is what we are doing! Kinda like faking it till we make it 🙂
Tell me what you now about life?
If you enjoyed this post please share with your friends! You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Snapchat (harassedmom) and don’t forget to subscribe to my weekly newsletter.