The Ultimate Club Sandwich
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 229
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 26g
Saturated Fat 12g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 9g
Total Carbohydrates 4g
Dietary Fiber 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 12 slices Sasko Low GI Soy & Linseed Bread
- 250g streaky bacon
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tomatoes (sliced)
- 150g emmental cheese (sliced)
- Step 1: Fry or grill the bacon to your liking, then set aside on some paper towel to cool.
- Step 2: Place the chicken breasts onto a board, cover with a layer of cling film and gently flatten using a rolling pin or similar tool. (This just ensures an even cooking time)
- Step 3: Fry the breasts in a pan on medium heat with a little olive oil or in a little of the bacon fat (truly indulgent) until they are cooked through and slightly browned.
- Step 4: Set aside to cool.
To assemble the sandwiches
- Step 1: Spread a little mayonnaise onto each piece of bread.
- Step 2: Place the first four slices onto plates and top with bacon, cheese and lettuce.
- Step 3: Cover each with another slice of the bread and layer with chicken, tomato slices, salt and pepper and a little more lettuce.
- Step 1: Place the remaining bread slices on top of each sandwich and serve.
- Variation: You can use store-bought roast chicken instead of cooking the chicken breasts yourself .
Harassed but happy mommy blogger https://www.harassedmom.co.za/