Spring is definitely eager to arrive. Can you feel it? Can you see it? I wore a sleeveless shirt yesterday and it was so lovely. I really don’t mind the cold but too much of anything is, well too much! So I am ready for the sunny days! All Gold sent me this Warm Thai Beef Salad.
If you were like me and ate you way through winter, then it may also be a good time to ditch the mountain of carbs for something a little healthier.
- 500 g beef rump/fillet, cut into strips
- ¾ cup ALL GOLD Tomato & Chilli Pasta Sauce
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp lemongrass, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- 2 tsp coriander, chopped
- 2 tbsp honey or melted palm sugar
- 2 tsp basil, chopped
- 2 tsp tamarind paste
- 2 cups red peppers, julienned
- 1 cup snap peas
- 2 cups baby spinach or pak choi
- 1 cup onions, cut into wedges
- 150 g bamboo shoots, drained
- 3 tsp soya sauce
- 4 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Combine all marinade ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- 2. Place beef strips in marinade and marinate in the fridge for 2 hours.
- 3. Heat a wok or frying pan until hot, add drained beef strips into pan and stir-fry until almost cooked.
- 4. Add the rest of the marinade and cook for 2 more minutes.
- 5. Combine all vegetable ingredients in a bowl and allow to marinate for an hour in the fridge.
- 6. Remove and stir fry vegetables for 2-3 minutes or until tender and lightly browned.
- 7. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- 8. To serve: combine beef and vegetables and arrange onto plate. Top with extra fresh chopped coriander/basil to garnish.
- Chef’s Tip: Replace beef with chicken or prawns.
Are you enjoying the warmer weather as much as I am?
If you enjoyed this post please share with your friends! You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Snapchat (harassedmom) and don’t forget to subscribe to my weekly newsletter.