We didn’t really have plans for this weekend, to be honest the novelty of these long weekends has worn off somewhat.
It can get a little crazy in this house (or any house really) with four kids, 3 days and no plans.
So here’s a few ideas in case you find yourself here.
- You could take advantage of the stunning weather and have a braai with friend, sit outside and soak in the glorious sun while your children sit inside and watch TV.
- Or you could try to lay claim to your gorgeous soft blanket but snuggling up with it as often as possible showing your off spring that IT IS YOURS. (If you get this right please share your secrets.)
- You could read to your child from the many books they own but never look at until you sit down and want you to read to them.
- You can try to take a selfie with your son who would rather jump around like a cricket than let you capture special, posed memories with him.
- Feeding your children cereal for dinner is highly recommended.
- Also putting Sesame Street on repeat while they eat (without a fight) is a great plan.
- Making a huge pot of food is a great idea, this way they will eat enough and stay full for….at least an hour before asking for peanut butter bread.
- You could send a child outside to paint a random piece of wood and instagram it and call it art. (Probably the best plan we had).
- Suggest your toddler find something to do but understand that could mean climbing onto the window.
- You could just go with the flow and enjoy the time with your family while making somebody something to eat every 5 minutes and sweeping at least 6 times a day and doing a million loads of washing.
What did you get up to this weekend?