Meme taken from Wenchy
1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
I have no idea to be honest. Nothing pops up!
2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn’t make resolutions I don’t think but had goals – I achieved most of them It was a productive year. There was a man, a house, happy kids and a baby thrown in for good luck!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory?
I don’t remember dates but I remember days – the day my brother and I had the worst fight we have ever had – it still hurts sometimes, the day we moved, the day I found out I was pregnant.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Moving out and cementing my relationship with David. Most days I still feel terribly dysfunctional so my relationship with David is an achievement for me.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Treating close friends the way I did. We do the best we can at the time but sometimes it’s not enough!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
My children. They have been through a lot and yet they are good, well mannered kids. They may not be the
best behaved kids in the world but they make me proud every single day.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
My ex and it is more disappointment than depression really.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Food – we eat a lot :-p
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Our new baby.
16. What song/album will always remind you of 2011?
I hold the sun – Nianell
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
• Happier or sadder? Happier
• Thinner or fatter? Fatter BUT I am pregnant so it doesn’t really count
• Richer or poorer? Richer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Bake, garden, spend time with my kids, study (especially law)
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
We spent it with my family including my brother and his family. It was the most chilled Christmas we have had – it was perfect.
21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
David and my mom
22. Did you fall in love in 2011?
I did – with the baby and also with David. December was a rough time for us but it made me realise just how
much he means to me and what I will do to protect him!
23. How many one night stands in this last year?
24. What was your favourite TV program?
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Nope can’t say that I do!
26. What was the best book(s) you read?
I loved Shopaholic and Baby as well as Karma Sutre (very good South African book)
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I don’t think I had one. I re-discovered Nianell – really like her.
28. What did you want and get?
A camera, a Kenwood chef, a new house, a blackberry – some may say I am spoilt!
29. What did you want and not get?
A new job and a laptop – there is always next year!
30. What were your favourite films of this year?
Flip man I really can’t remember all the movies we saw this year! But I did love Salt :-p
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 32 this year and had a small get together at the Botanical Gardens – it was nice.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A new job!
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
It is mine! I wear what fits me and looks decent! Right now I am going with what I call “whale”.
34. What kept you sane?
David, baking, gardening
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Gordon Ramsay – you have to watch a lot of his shows to actually get him.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
37. Who did you miss?
Right now I miss David’s family – his brother in the States and his aunt and her family in Cape Town.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
I can’t remember who I met this year – I did love meeting Megan and would love to spend more time with her.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
A house is a never ending pit of money.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year?
“You took what is simple and made it unbelievable” Nianell – I hold the sun