1. What did you do in 2014 that you’d never done before?
I went on an overseas trip with a brand I work with.
I flew in a 14 seater airplane.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Without looking back to last years blogs I have no idea what my resolutions were, so I am not sure if I kept them.
3. How will you be spending New Year’s Eve?
With my family at Theewaterskloof.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not close to me but there was the death of a fellow bloggers husband. It shook our little community.
5. What countries did you visit?
Tanzania and Zanzibar
6. What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014?
A permanent job – not necessarily full day though or even in an office away from home.
7. What date from 2014 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
10 February – the day Emma was born.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Earning money from my writing and being invited on the CocaCola trip.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I don’t know. Parenting really is a series of small failures isn’t it?
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Thankfully NO! There were no major illnesses or operations this year.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Little elephant ear rings I bought in Zanzibar.
12. Where did most of your money go?
I have no idea – we are still searching for it.
13. What song will always remind you of 2014?
Budapest – George Ezra – Jack and I sing along every time it comes on.
14. What do you wish you’d done more of?
15. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worry. I spend a lot of time worrying unnecessarily. I need to stop doing that.
16. What were your favourite TV shows?
Homeland, Scandal, Criminal Minds
17. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
18. What was the best book you read?
I can’t remember reading anything except the book I read last week “One plus One” by Jojo Moyes – I loved it.
19. What was your greatest musical discovery?
20. What was your favourite film of this year?
How to Train A Dragon 2
21. What did you do on your birthday
I spent it with friends.
22. What kept you sane?
My friends. My Moms and Babes friends and Ansie (always Ansie :))
24. Who was the best new person you met?
There were 3 ladies I bonded with at Moms and Babes, we are the crazy 8 from Spud except the crazy four!
25. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2014
It will all work out.