It is only when you look back over the year that you can say, for certain, whether it was a good, bad or ugly year. You can’t really do that when you are living it because it either seems all bad or all good, depending on what you are going through.
2013 was a good year for our little family. I think 2014 was a better year.
As with last year, it was a collection of small moments added together that made for a really great year.
- Emma was born.
- I had my first article published in Your Baby.
- Cameron had a really great sport year – his soccer team one their league and he started swimming with a club and has done incredibly well.
- Kiara did her first dance exams and did really really well.
- I actually started earning money through my writing.
- Jack moved schools and is doing really well.
- I organised 2 really successful #jozimeetups
The trials and challenges we experienced last year didn’t feel as hard as the ones we have faced previously. Its not that they weren’t as rough, I think its just that I am learning to deal with them better and to trust that it will all work out in the end.
HarassedMom also had a great year, I think maybe even better than last year and there are some great things planned for 2015.
- I met Nianell.
- I went overseas.
- I got paid for posts.
- There were the usual launches, product reviews and giveaways.
- I met some new people and strengthened bonds with old friends.
The highlight of the year, for me, was probably how well my older two kids have done. They have grown, matured, changed and become two people I am insanely proud of. Watching Cameron find his passion, work for it and succeed has been incredible to watch. Kiara’s confidence has grown so much over the year. She has found her people, her space where she feels safe and secure.
2014 was kind to us even when it wasn’t. We have grown as a people and strengthened as a family. David and I have grown as a couple. We have made mistakes, learnt lessons and made memories. We have made some new friends, lost a few old ones. We have cried together and laughed a lot.
It was a good year.
We look forward to the next 12 months, to more adventures, laughs, memories and friends.