It is cliched, but it is also true that life gets better when you turn 40. I don’t really think it is the age as much as it is the stage we reach in our life. I feel like I have my tiger stripes, I have made my fair of mistakes and I have danced to someone else’s tune. I have had my heart broken, found true love and survived 4 children who did not sleep. The time now is mine. I have reached the point where I am ready to say YES to my goals and NO to the fear holding me back.
You may be wondering what this has to do with blogging and a bootcamp, well I love giving workshops, they are my happy place. I have wanted to start doing more for months now. I discussed it with my business coach earlier in the year but stuff keeps coming up (and I procrastinate). When a few bloggers asked me to please run a workshop for them I just did it. Within days 3 days I had 10 bloggers signed up and a waiting list with a few more! The same day I sent the invite out, I received an email about a new venue in Fourways, just for small workshops!
A sign? I think so!
The very first HarassedMom Blogger Bootcamp was held on Saturday and it was so much fun. The team at Simon Says PR have converted their meeting room into such a stunning meeting room. It is beautiful, perfect for a small workshop or meeting. The small details, like the sign, the table settings and catering for my intolerance’s was so special.
Even though I was “teaching” them, there is always something to learn.
- I have acquired so much more knowledge about blogging and working with PR’s that I actually realised.
- Having an audience who are so keen to learn and not scared to ask questions is so awesome. I loved presenting to this group of ladies.
- While I did actually know this, it was reaffirmed on Saturday – we all have a UNIQUE story to tell which means there is enough space in the sun for us all.
- Blogging is and probably always will be in my blood. It is something I am so passionate about. Getting our voices heard, connecting with other people and helping people along the way.
- We are stronger together!
The following ladies attended on Saturday. I have known most of them for a while, they are all amazing bloggers with different voices, so you can ad them ALL to your reading list.
The response to these workshops has been so amazing that we have set the date for the next one and I saw WE because Maz is keen to run one in Cape Town for the bloggers there!
So Save The Date for 11 August That is when the next Blogger Bootcamp will be held in Joburg AND Cape Town!
What exciting things did you do this weekend?