Our local Hirsh’s store have regular kids cooking classes. I started taking the kids last year. This years class started with a banana toffee tart that is so quick and easy to make and it is delicious. You can make it as little individual tarts or as one large tart, perfect for when you are entertaining.
My kids absolutely loved this recipe and it is easy enough for them to help out and make it. If you are having a braai or people over for dinner, then this banana toffee tart is so easy to whip up, it’s pretty much flop proof and you can prepare it well in advance.
We used Orley Whip but you can also use fresh cream if you prefer and tennis biscuits or home made cookies would work just as well for the base.
This is a delicious dessert that is quick and easy to make and will impress guests.
- 1 packet Marie Biscuits
- 3tbsp Butter, melted
- 2 Bananas, sliced
- 1 tin Caramel Treat
- I bottle Orley Whip, whipped up
- 2 Flakes
- 1. Crush up the biscuits and mix with the melted butter. (Add more butter if you need to)
- 2. Press the biscuit into a pie dish.
- 3. Mix the caramel treat until smooth and then spread over the biscuit base.
- 4. Arrange the bananas over the caramel.
- 5. Cover the banana with the cream.
- 6. Break up the flake and sprinkle over the cream.
- 7. Place in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.
You can sprinkle nuts over the top instead of chocolate.
If you have little ramekin dishes, then you can make this banana toffee tart in these little dishes and serve them individually.
What is your favourite, quick tart?