I have been trying for years to make the perfect homemade tomato sauce. I have tried recipe after recipe but I just haven’t found “the one”. Many of the recipes require tins of tomato or tomato puree, bbq sauce and other things that I almost defeat the point of homemade food.
We have had a bag of baby tomatoes in the fridge for a few days that no one seemed interested in. We had a bunch of leeks and one lone red pepper. So I decided to just wing it and make my own tomato sauce. It came out AMAZING! Like I think I could bottle it and sell it, it was THAT amazing!
- 1 bag baby tomatoes
- 1 bunch leeks
- 1 red pepper
- 1/2 stock cube dissolved in a cup of water (or you could preferably use homemade stock)
- Basil (as much or as little as you like)
- Coconut Oil
- 1. Fry the leeks, garlic and red pepper in the coconut oil for a few minutes.
- 2. Add the tomatoes, stock and basil and boil until the tomatoes dissolve.
- 3. If the water reduces, add a little more. The longer you boil it the yummier it will be.
- 4. Once it is done, blitz in your blender or smoothie maker.
With Cameron’s list of allergies I am trying as far as I can to start making everything we eat from scratch and avoid as much as we can. This is the start of that. My bread making is coming along nicely and I will start sharing those recipes as well.
If you have any clean eating recipes please share with me.
If you enjoyed this post please share with your friends! You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Snapchat (harassedmom) and don’t forget to subscribe to my weekly newsletter.