Many of you will know by now that this is World Breastfeeding Week. The point of the week is not only to raise awareness about the benefits of breastfeeding and educate women on any breastfeeding concerns or issue they may have. It is also to celebrate breastfeeding and support women along their breastfeeding journey.
I have partnered with Similac to share a little more information around breastfeeding and it’s associated benefits.
Similac Mom® on the basics of breastfeeding
Many Pregnant women have concerns on whether they will succeed in breastfeeding or if they will produce enough milk. For first time mothers breastfeeding can be a harrowing experience, but it is a learned skill, help is at hand from your doctor, midwife, nurse or healthcare professionals.
When it comes to feeding your baby it’s important to know and understand the benefits of breast milk:
- Breast milk contains the perfect balance of nutrients to help your baby fight infection and common child illness
- Breast milk is convenient, always available and is delivered at the right temperature
- Breastfeeding helps stimulate your uterus to return to its pre-pregnant state
- Breastfeeding reduces the risk of breast cancer
Breast milk is all your baby needs in its first four to six months of life, but you need to continue eating a well-balanced diet because what you eat or drink may affect both you and your baby. To ensure that you have the right amount of nutrients, try adding Similac® Mom to your daily diet. Similac® Mom is a complete nutritional* low-fat milk-based maternal supplement shake, containing 23 essential vitamins and minerals, protein, DHA (omega-3 fatty acid), and prebiotics. It is scientifically formulated to support your increased nutritional needs during pregnancy and breastfeeding, all your need is one to two servings per day.
While you focus on being a mom you can rest assured that by taking Similac® Mom you are doing the best not just for yourself but also for your baby right from the very beginning. Similac® Mom aids in the following²:
- Low-fat, low calorie, helps manage weight during pregnancy and while breastfeeding
- Helps build your immune defences
- Supports healthy digestion
- Helps reduce the risk of iron deficiency anaemia
- Vitamin D and FOS, a prebiotic, have been shown to improve calcium absorption
- Improved calcium absorption ensuring sufficient calcium is available to support the development of your baby’s bones.
- Provides nutrients to support the development of your child’s brain
- Folic acid helps reduce the risk of neural tube defects
“Similac® Mom is an easy and convenient way to ensure a complete nutritional solution for expecting as well as for brestfeeding moms It is really important for moms to look after themselves and to acknowledge that they also require additional support to ensure that they are happy and healthy”, says Angela Russell, General Manager at Abbott Nutrition.
Similac® Mom is available at all major pharmacies, selected retail outlets as well as online shopping.
I have a stunning hamper to giveaway to a lucky breastfeeding mom. The hamper is valued at R800 and includes
Similac Mom tin
To enter simply leave a comment telling me how old your baby is or when you are due.
Competition ends 9 August 2017.
You can see my T&C’s here.
If you enjoyed this post please share with your friends! You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Snapchat (harassedmom) and don’t forget to subscribe to my weekly newsletter.