I am sure you have all gathered by now that I am all about the easy life when it comes to cooking. If I can do it in one pot/pan/dish then I will make it. If it uses common ingredients then I am definitely going to make it. Summer is here which means its braai time.
Braai’s mean side dishes and if you are, like me, a little tired of potato bakes and green salads, then this super easy focaccia is the way to go. David loves all kinds of bread and while I am skilled at bread maker breads, I have never tried these types of breads because I assumed they were complicated but I assumed wrong.
We made these at an event I was at recently and it is so quick and easy. The dough does need time to rise but the actual kneading, preparing and baking is quick.
You can add any toppings or simple add some fresh herbs and coarse salt. It really is completely up to you.
- 4 Cups SASKO White Bread Flour (plus extra for dusting)
- 1 Pack Instant Yeast
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil (plus extra for topping)
- ± 1.5 Cups Tepid Water
- 1. Thoroughly combine all dry ingredients
- 2. Create a well in the centre of your bowl
- 3. Add your oil
- 4. Slowly add water, combining roughly with your wooden spoon, until
- you have a sticky dough. Not all the water may be needed
- 5. Once the dough starts to come together start to mix by hand until
- you have a ball
- 6. Turn your dough ball out onto a floured surface and begin to knead
- until smooth
- 7. Place back into an oiled bowl, cover with a towel and allow to proof
- for 20 mins
- 8. Once the dough has doubled in size knock back the air pockets and
- divide into 6-8 roughly equal portions
- 9. Stretch and place on an oiled baking tray
- 10. Top your various toppings
- 11. Drizzle generously with olive oil and a dusting of flour
- 12. Allow to rise for another 20-30 minutes
- 13. Place focaccia in a preheated oven at 220°C for 10-15 minutes
- 14. Best eaten warm
- Topping Options: feta, olives, herbs, onions, camembert, ham, rosemary, tomato, mushrooms
This post forms part of my 31 days to achieve work life balance as a work from home mom.