1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
I bought a new car. I passed a year of economics.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions and will you make more for next year?
I can’t remember making resolutions last year. I think I had goals – which were to get divorced, get a new job, buy a car and move out. I achieved 3 of them!
My goals for next year are simple – move out. That is all
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Indeed a few people had babas last year – Angie, Leigh-anne and Louisa all gave birth to little girls.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My sister-in-laws mother.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
A place of my own. No fighting with my mother.
7. What date, from 2009, will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
There are a few dates that were special. My divorce – 17 February. The Currie Cup Final – it was the year I realized how much I LOVE rugby ok 😛 And last Saturday – David and I spent an awesome day together. Nothing specific happened – it was just a very special time.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Buying a car, clearing 90% of my debit, passing all my subjects
9. What was your biggest failure?
I don’t think I failed this year!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nope nothing more than the average cold.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My children. Really they may be busy and active and loud and impossible sometimes but despite everything they have been through they have both done so well.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I suppose my ex at times still upsets me. Not sure it depresses me or appalls me any more. We are both getting better at learning to deal with each other though.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Education – for the kids and for myself.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Going to Cape Town. The Christmas Party I organized.
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
You will always be beautiful in my eyes
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happier or sadder? Happier
Thinner or fatter? Fatter (I think – definitely not thinner L)
Richer or poorer? Richer as I have less debt
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Ate more sushi!
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Fought with my ex. Moan – about anything and everything
20. How will you be spending Christmas? Right now I am not sure
21. How will you be spending New Year? With David.
22. Did you fall in love in 2009? YES!
23. How many one-night stands? Hahaha no comment!
24. What was your favorite TV programme ? Grays Anatomy and Brothers and Sisters
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Nope
26. What was the best book you read?
I don’t know how she does it.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Kurt Darren :-p No seriously it wasn’t a song but I am growing very fond of the music they play on Solid Gold Saturdays
28. What did you want and get? A car
29. What did you want and not get? A house
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Transformers – I know it didn’t come out this year but I only watched it this year.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 31 and had drinks at Cool Runnings in Fourways with my friends.
32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A new house (yes I realize I answer this for a lot of questions)
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
34. What kept you sane?
My friends, my kids and my most awesome man!
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I have no idea
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
None of them! But since it was an election year they all did stick their hands up to try. Suppose Julius gets the vote but it was a good stir!
37. Who did you miss?
My friend Michael who is in the States at the moment. We never used to see each other often but talked a lot – I miss that!
38. Who was the best new person you met?
I met so many new people but obviously David tops the list J and then Wenchy and Angel and ExMi and Rebecca and and and and….
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
I have learnt that things always do work out if you have a little faith.
40. Quote that sums up your year.
“Well” said Pooh, “what I like best—” and then he had to stop and think. Because although eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat in which was better than when you were, but he didn’t know what it was called”
“If ever there is tomorrow when we’re not together…there is something you must always remember – you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think, but the most important thing is, even if we’re apart, I’ll always be with you.”
Quotes by Winnie the Pooh!
Meme from Wenchy!