I have been working out at home for 3 weeks now. Carla has put together a programe for me that uses all the equipment we have at home, which is a boxing bag and a kettlebell that Emma bought me for my birthday. I was a little skeptical about just how beneficial boxing would be. I assumed at the end of the 6 weeks I would, at the very least have super toned arms!
I assumed wrong. My whole body aches after I have done 10 minutes of boxing, my legs hurt for a few days and obviously my arms also hurt but it’s all good! It is getting a little easier now and I am managing 10 minutes pretty easily.
What lessons have been learnt though?
- You can not box, not even for 30 seconds without proper boxing gloves.
- It’s not as easy as it looks. My one arm was completely useless those first few days. Besides that though it wasn’t easy to just punch.
- It is a great stress reliever.
- It is a full body work out. I can feel it all over when I am done.
- It’s fun.
- Once you start you don’t want to stop. I could just keep punching!
I never thought that I would enjoy it as much as I am and in many ways it doesn’t really feel like it is exercise at all which makes it easier for me to get started.