Even though I work from home, lunch is one of those meals I often struggle with, mainly because I try to schedule my meetings after 12h00 so I can get my work done in the morning and because the school run starts at 13h00. When I was working in an office it was probably my biggest weight loss downfall. I would generally grab something from the vending machine or order chips with everyone else. Or skip lunch completely.
It is a new year now and many of us are trying to stay healthy, eat properly and plan our lives better.
Earlier this year, SASKO announced the return of SASKO Sam, the friendliest slice of bread around. With his return, lunch for my kids is sorted out as their excitement levels go through the roof when they see SASKO Sam on the new Yummy loaf.
But what about lunch for my husband and I so we don’t eat unhealthily on the run?
I reached out to the team at SASKO for a few lunch box ideas for you to take to the office, and these options are great on the SASKO Sam Yummy loaf too which makes lunch prep for my kids and my husband so easy.
- Fashion sandwiches! These are like eating sushi at the office, just cheaper and easier to make. I discovered over the holidays that you can swap out salmon for trout, it is cheaper than salmon but just as delicious.
- Camembert and Apple sandwich. Camembert is my absolute favorite cheese! I can eat a whole circle of it in one sitting, so this sandwich really appeals to me. (If your office has a kitchen, take all the ingredients with and make it at the office, it will take you a few minutes)
- Avo and Sesame Seeds. David and I both love avo and this sandwich is super quick and easy to make. Ideal if, like me you are always in a hurry. You could make it and go for a breakfast or lunch meal.
- Caprese Open Sandwich. You can make this as a closed sandwich as well and it’s for all the tomato lovers out there.
- Cucumber sandwiches. This is the perfect recipe for the vegetarians out there. It has no meat and is just cucumber and cream cheese.
Let me know what other sandwiches you make for yourself or your husband, and what else do you pop in the lunchbox to see you through the day?
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post.
If you enjoyed this post please share with your friends! You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Snapchat (harassedmom) and don’t forget to subscribe to my weekly newsletter.