I have been wanting to do a proper Mommy Blogger Awards since we were kicked out of the SA Blog Awards but have battled to get my butt into gear.
I was still umming and aahhing about this this morning but some of the sponsors have already given me their prizes so I am now in it 🙂
So without much further ado I present the Mommy Blogger Awards.
How it will work
- You, as the reader, nominate a Mom Blogger by sending me an email on why you feel she deserves to win. I don’t really want an essay – just a few lines on why you enjoy her blog, what makes her special to you etc.
- We will then narrow it down to 5 finalists – our decision will not be based on who got the most nominations but rather what was said about them.
- Once we have 5 finalists we will then put it to a vote and a winner will be chosen.
- We will take nominations until the 10 August.
- The finalists will be announced on the 13 August when voting opens and it will stay open until Friday the 17th August.
- There will be a winner plus 2 “runners up”
I have some amazing ladies on board who have donated prizes.
The winner will receive,
- A beautiful piece of jewellery from Jan’s Chains and Things
- A rabbit side plate from Cath Price Ceramics
- A R200 voucher from the Neat Freak
- A mini studio or outdoor lifestyle shoot from Heart and Soul Photography
- A semi-custom theme from Snapping Turtle
- A hand salt scrub and a hand mousse from Tranquil Body Treats
The 2 runners up will each receive
- A hand wash and linen room spray from Tranquil Body Treats
- A beautifully designed piece of jewellery from Jan’s Chains and Things
- A pair of hanging ear rings from Swagger
- A notebook from Roxies and Monies
Pretty awesome don’t you think?
The rules are simple.
- The nominated blogger must be a mom.
- She must blog at least twice a week.
- She must be South African.
- The blog must be a personal blog.
You can send all your nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org.