A few weeks ago I attended such a stunning parenting workshop hosted by Marcia from the Mini Matisse Diaries blog. I learnt so much about kids and sensory issues, being creative and how to ditch sugar. I am hoping to partner with Marcia next year to host one of these workshops because they were just so beneficial.
One of the speakers was Elize, the sugar free brains behind NutriMom. She demonstrated how to make a few sugar-free items including these cookies and icing that was made from cream cheese and honey.
Limiting sugar doesn’t mean limiting flavour.
I made these cookies for the kids a few weeks ago and they were a hit and they work so well if you want to cut out shapes. They are also great for lunch boxes or just to fill up the cookie jar for Christmas and the best part is they sugar free.
- 125g butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 - 1 cup raw honey
- 30ml milk
- 5ml vanilla essence
- 2 cups cake flour
- 5ml baking powder
- 2 1/2 tsp salt
- Mix the butter, egg and honey on high speed.
- Add milk and vanilla essence.
- Mix in flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the butter to the mixture and keep mixing until a batter forms,
- Press into a ball, cover with cling film and refridgerate for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle some flour onto a flat surface, roll the dough out and press shapes with a cookie cutter.
- Place on a baking sheet, spray with spray and spray and bake and bake for 10-12 minutes.
If you do give these a try, let me know what you think!