My children are not generally fans of gluten free products but over the years they have learnt to eat the baked goods I make with gluten free flours, except for coconut and almond flour. I made these cookies and Kiara, who isn’t a fan of baked goods generally, inhaled them. This meant Cameron tasted them as well which resulted in the batch disappearing before they had cooled down.
These aren’t going to be perfectly shaped, pretty cookies but what they lack in appearance they make up for in taste. They are not sugar free like most coconut flour recipes but each time I make them I reduce the amount of sugar because the first batch were very sweet. You could switch the sugar out for something healthier like coconut sugar, xylitol etc. I wouldn’t try honey or maple syrup, it may make the mixture too runny.
I cut up some dark chocolate and added it into one of the batches, you could add chocolate chips, nuts, raisins or anything that your family enjoys.
Coconut Flour Cookies
- 1/2 cup OhMega almond or peanut butter
- 2 tbsp Lemcke coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp bicarb
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Lemcke coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped chocolate (optional)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Mix all the ingredients together until the mixture is smooth.
- Drop spoonfuls of mixture onto a greased tray.
- Bake at 180C for 12/15 minutes until they go golden brown.