Looking back over 2016 I am struggling to decide if it was a good year or a bad year, I think have settled on meh because it wasn’t good but it also wasn’t really all bad. There were some low moments, a few life changing moments, we had high moments here and there but it has been an exhausting year. I don’t remember feeling this tired last year. It is not the tired you can have a nap and feel better kind of tired. It is an exhaustion in my soul, my bones feel tired.
How was 2016 for you?
What I know for sure about 2016.
- My kids seem to thrive despite the stress David and I deal with daily.
- I realised just how important it is getting my hair done regularly.
- Often the thing that seems the most insurmountable isn’t actually, once you start climbing.
- I found the perfect foundation from Palladio. I absolutely love it and the beauty consultant gave me the weirdest looking sponge but it is SO awesome to apply the foundation and eye shadow.
- Without my family, we wouldn’t be where we are, their encouragement, guidance and unwaivering support this year has been what has carried us through.
- It was confirmed, this year, that I can’t go back to working for a 9-5.
- More tears were shed this year, than I want to share next year or ever.
- I found my confidence this year and am doing something I love that is actively contributing to our income.
- I finally became a le Roux. Only took Home Affairs two years to register our marriage.
- It was the year my faith in educators was restored.
- Watching Cameron and Kiara mature and grow, I feel less and less like I am messing up as a parent.
- We said goodbye to nappies and bottles this year.
- I flew more this year, a lot and I still freak out when we hit turbulence. It is not something I find particularly enjoyable.
Tell me about your year? Share a few of the things you know for sure.
If you enjoyed this post please share with your friends! You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Snapchat (harassedmom) and don’t forget to subscribe to my weekly newsletter.