One of the most asked questions is “are boys easier than girls?” or vice versa. I have been in many discussions that debate which gender is easier to raise. There has never been a conclusive answer. Some find their girls easier, some find their boys, some have one easy going boy and the other one is chaotic. I have 2 of each so I can kinda weigh in with some credibility and what I do know for sure that the boys were definitely easier as toddlers. Neither of the older two are really “difficult” but Kiara is definitely easier going at the moment.
But for the sake of this series, lets focus on the boys this week and what I know for sure about them.
- There is a special bond between my boys and I. It is different to the girls. No I don’t love them more but the bond is different.
- Boys are gross. They just are. I think it is in their DNA! They find the grossest things funny. They need to be reminded, repeatedly to shower, brush their teeth or change their pants.
- If there is a ball, any ball they will bounce it, throw it, sit on it, kick it take ownership of it.
- They eat and insane about of food. Even the five year old! Like unbelievable amounts of food.
- They need me a little bit more, even as they get older.
- They are LOUD. Guys they are SO loud! They get LOUDER as they get older.
- They get over stuff a little easier, but they don’t forget. (Like they NEVER EVER forget).
- Boys can be incredibly gentle.
- They may not like their sisters a whole lot but they will defend them without question.
- Boys are a little easy going and don’t seem to take too much exception to issues around friendship etc that girls seem to get caught up in.
What do you know for sure about boys?
If you enjoyed this post please share with your friends! You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Snapchat (harassedmom) and don’t forget to subscribe to my weekly newsletter.