Last night I attended the Woolworths Moms Tour at their Menlyn store. It was such a great evening. A lot of the information is stuff most of us know already but I did learn a few things so using Thursday Things to share them with you.
There is another tour on at Irene Village Mall in Pretoria on Wednesday 27 March at 09h00. I would really recommend you go if you can.
- Probably the most exciting thing for me was the new lactose free milk and plain yoghurt. It only arrived at Menlyn on Monday so it’s a new new addition. I was literally bouncing when I saw it. We got to taste both products and I checked the packaging twice to make sure it was in fact lactose free because both were delicious. They are obviously more expensive than your normal milk but are nice to use if you are baking or cooking with milk.
- How many of you check labels? I do but only for gluten and lactose – I don’t check the fibre etc. According to the dietician who lead our group – a cereal with a fibre content of 3g or up is considered acceptable – all other cereals are treats! This means milo cereal, coco pops, cheerios, cornflakes – ALL treats!
- Again the issue of the light vs heavy bread was raised and I am one step away from buying a bread machine. Low GI breads are obviously better options but all contain seeds of some sort which my kids battle which is why it may be easier to make my own bread for them.
- They have a new range of potato chips that aren’t deep fried and have a lot less fat in them – they are also really yummy and a nice on the go snack or a treat without the guilt.
- Another new product is liquid egg white – I needed this for some icing I was making a while ago and really battled to find but now Woolies have it. David was actually also excited about this one.
- AND you can now earn Vitality points on certain items. This really appeals to me. Points are my shopping love language (that and banded packs – can’t say no to a banded pack). I know some people think they are a waste of time but I really appreciate them 🙂
Jack is always with me at the moment so my shopping trips are usually run in, grab the essentials and run out but last night I got to look around Woolworths and was surprised by all the new products the have. I also impressed by amount of new items they have for those of us who are allergic to gluten and lactose.