As busy as it is at the moment, the more things I cross off the list, the lest anxious I am getting. I am now done with my big client projects so I can now start regrouping a little work wise and get organised for the new year. I am really looking forward to getting away though and taking a proper time out. I started working from home nearly 6 years ago! I can’t even really remember being in a normal 9-5 and will probably never return to the structure and confines of corporate life, even though I would really love the regular, stable pay check!
But this is what I know for sure about working at home.
- Coffee breaks aren’t the same, there is no one to make small talk with or even to offer to make you a cup.
- It is lonely. Some days it is just too quiet and I wouldn’t mind the irritating colleague (but only for a few minutes).
- I can watch Chicago PD while I work.
- Working in my pj’s is completely acceptable.
- I can work my schedule around my kids.
- 4am is a perfectly acceptable time to start your day.
- Home printers are just as tempremental as office printers.
- I can work from anywhere, anytime.
- If I work really hard for 2 days I get to take 2 days off without needing to put leave in.
- It is a lot harder to switch off.
- You learn pretty quickly how to work with a baby on your lap.
If you work from home what do you know?
If you enjoyed this post please share with your friends! You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Snapchat (harassedmom) and don’t forget to subscribe to my weekly newsletter.